Rail weighing is crucial in virtually every aspect of rail operation, from monitoring product deliveries to avoiding overloading penalties. Some of the reasons for weighing rail cars and wagons include:
- To invoice clients for the amount of product shipped
- To ensure your shipper isn’t overcharging
- To determine the weight of cars and wagons to collect freight revenue
- To avoid overloading and avoid eccentric loading, which can damage cars, wagons and rail infrastructure and lead to derailments
- To minimize high impact loads, especially at track discontinuities like track joints, turnouts and crossings
We offer a range of accurate, affordable and robust train and rail weighing scales.