The 52PL in-motion rail scale is designed to provide rail wagon weights and train weights quickly, affordably and safely while in transit at a steady speed of up to 15 km/h. It provides an advance over speed warning and is compliant to latest RDSO specifications.
This dynamic train weighing scale consists of a series of rail-mounted transducers, which provide in-motion weighing of wagons up to 120 tonnes gross weight.
With no need for a pit, the installation of the 52PL rail scale is fast and effective.
Simple integration with back-office systems for easier data management and reporting
The 52PL rail scale provides precision data on train and wagon weights and can be integrated to your business systems via Ethernet connection. Reports incorporate individual wagon, load and destination IDs to help monitor deliveries to and from customers and suppliers.
52PL WIM systems significantly contribute to:
- Improve track safety
- Reduce track wear
- Improve turn-around time
- Improve fleet management
- Increase revenue generation by providing paid, reliable and certified weighing service to track usage
Indian Railways and Private industries employ 52PL WIM systems to weigh wagons coupled and in-motion for safety and commercial purposes, such as:
- Gross weigh trains on mainline tracks at speeds of up to 15km/h
- Detect damaging overloaded wagons, axles and wheels
- Detect imbalanced loads (end to end and side to side) for safety purposes
- Determining toll and fine charges for generation of revenue
- Invoicing commercial transactions (in accordance with RDSO guidelines)
- Recognise mixed types of rolling stock with various numbers of axles, without operator intervention
- Automatically discriminate between wagons and locomotives when only weights of wagons need to be recorded
- Transmit data to a host computer for further processing